ChartVPS is a subsidiary of Marko Nikolic Investment Research - an established developer of financial trading software products and services. We are headquartered in downtown Toronto, Canada, with server farms and network infrastructure across North America and Europe - strategically positioned to reliably serve a global trader.
ChartVPS came about purely through user demand. As Marko Nikolic Investment Research added features such as e-mail and phone notifications to its analytical and signal-driven software, the users demanded a reliable and affordable VPS service they could use to set-up a 24-hour signal server for the software. They also wanted the ability to access the software remotely, regardless of where they were.
Our answer was to provide a VPS service designed from ground-up with a financial trader in mind. That meant 4 things: reliability and security, processing power, customizability, and accessibility.
Reliability & Support
Our modern VPS server farms feature redundancy measures and peer via multiple Internet backbones (including Cogent - rated as having the highest global connecitivity degree). At 99.999% uptime for the past 15 years, our infrastrcuture ensures you remain online and in the market.
Should you ever encounter a problem, have a question, or need help setting up platforms, we are just an email away. Every VPS plan is fully managed - meaning, we're always here to assist you, whenever you may need us.
We'll help you orient yourself within the VPS environment, install and configure trading platforms of your choice, and even set-up e-mail and phone alerts.
We know trading platforms consume plenty of computing resources - namely processor and RAM. This is why each VPS plan offered by ChartVPS is custom-crafted and torture-tested for performance and platform compatibility. We assure you that each VPS plan has enough processing power to smoothly run any application a trader might need (up to the specified number of simultaneous open charts). Each of our VPS plans offers dedicated Xeon processor cores, fast, multi-channel RAM, and even hardware Raid 10 disk failure protection, to ensure every platforms' needs are satisfied, and data backed-up in case of outage. Metatrader, TradeStation, MultiCharts, Ninjatrader, ThinkOrSwim Desktop, java-based broker platforms - even multiple platforms at the same time - they all run fast and remain stable.
You already know that you're getting a high-end VPS hardware configuration and network backbone with ChartVPS. You should also know that your VPS will be running Windows Server 2008 R2 with full administrative privileges, giving you the ability to set it up precisely the way you want it.
Feel free to install any trading platform, charting software, or third-party indicator/analysis tool that you need. We have tested many and they all work fine. See the compatibility list below for full details.
Set-up the VPS desktop the way your trading environment demands it. Then, when you're done trading for the day, simply sign-off. The VPS machine will continue running, exactly as you left it, so you can instantly resume or get right into trading the next time you sign on.
Accessibility & Security
Connectivity was one of our primary objectives with ChartVPS. You can access and fully control our Windows-based VPS and your platforms from any major device - even your smart phone. As of this writing, we offer full connectivity from devices running Windows (XP/Vista/Server/7/8/10), Mac OS, Android, iOS(iPad, iPhone), Blackberry, and Windows Phone.
Good connectivity requires good security. We understand that trading strategies and your custom code is unique to your success and should never be accessed by anyone without your consent. All connections to our servers are secured with military-grade encryption. No one - not even us - can see what you are doing, unless you need assistance and give us permission ahead of time. The buildings that house our servers are also under manned security surveillance 24/7.
We utilize hardware that has been tested and proven to be stable with even the most demanding trading platforms. For example, we use ECC RAM, which is high-quality memory immune to most data corruption - the same type used in sensitive scientific experiments. Our objective is to let you focus on trading and not worry about technical matters. Each VPS offers complete stability, high-performance, and perpetual connectivity. Below are technical specifications for inquiring minds:
Datacenter and node locations
- New York, NY, United States
- Chicago, IL, United States
- San Francisco, CA, United States
- Los Angeles, CA, United States
- Dallas, TX, United States
- Philadelphia, PA, United States
- Miami, FL, United States
- Frankfurt, Germany
- Paris, France
- London, United Kingdom
- Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Tokyo, Japan
- Sydney, Australia
VPS Server Hardware
- Modern, dedicated Xeon processor cores.
- 1600-1833MHz multi-channel RAM.
- Error-correcting code (ECC) RAM type - detection and correction of data corruption.
- Serial attached SCSI Hard Drive.
- Hardware Raid 10 - hard drive failure protection.
- 1GB fiber connection with redundant Tier 1 connectivity.
- Superior DDOS Protection based on advanced algorithms.
- Full administrative access and privileges.
- 99.99% real server uptime. Some of our competitors advertise 100% - all that means is that they'll reimburse you when uptime falls under 100%, they're not guaranteed it will remain at 100%. We stand behind our 99.99% real uptime statistic.
Network and facility infrastructure
- Multiple Tier 1 connections, including Cogent.
- Extensive global optical network, stretching over 180 markets in North America, Europe, and Asia.
- End-to-end optical network @ 720Gbps (intercity) and 320 Gbps (metro).
- Peering @ multiple 10Gbps ethernet.
- Power: multiple power supply redundancy - 2N (1+1) uninterruptable power supply; VRLA generator battery
- Security: trained on-site security guards (24/7), biometric protection, key cards, dual interlocking doors with mantraps throughout facility. Encrypted connection to VPS servers.
- Fire protection: Xtralis's VESDA smoke detection; dry-pipe fire suppression.
- Cooling and environment: APC's high-grade InRow cooling infrastructure; humidity monitoring.